Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Al's LC70

Al's LC70 1 week 2 days ago #1

• Al murray
  • Mud for blood
  • Thank you received: 102
Been a while since I posted, too busy lurking I recon..

Anyway I eventually got round to starting a project Ive had shelved for so long the dust was getting silly..

My Tf2 got stripped and i replaced the chassis legs and skid plate with the Boom Racing 313mm conversion kit.. you get the rails, low profile alloy skid plate, an extension bar so you can use your original driveshafts, two new cross braces and a pile of screws in all..
Fitting was a lot easier than the disassembly with lots of drilling to get those awful RC4WD screws out.. all have been replaced with decent stainless steel ones.

The Boom Racing body fitting kit isnt up to much and I ended up only using the front half, its pretty flimsy really so I may change it yet.. rear I left with body posts in the bed whick I may cover.

Body is the LC70 Toyota built pretty stock though it could do with a bench seat as it only has a basic dash and wheel currently.

Wheels are chrome 1.9 wagon wheels on 96mm tyres, basically the same overall the same height as stock TF2 1.5 setup.. using 1.9's and bigger tyres just looked wrong unless I hacked the arches..

still a few thinks to do yet.. new shocks on order to replace a blown front one, fit up the driveshafts and electrics and Im thinking about maybe adding a tube bumper to the rear along with some sliders.

reopened my old Flikr account so hopefully this will show up

Al..
Last Edit: 1 day 8 hours ago by Al murray. Reason: changed photo host to imgur
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Al's LC70 1 week 2 days ago #2

• Geoff
  • Keep the DINGO Dream Alive
  • Thank you received: 118
Looks good.
OFFICIAL RCWTF DINGO DRIVER

Al's LC70 1 week 1 day ago #3

• Retrocosm
  • Mud for blood
  • Thank you received: 47
Looking good Al. It's not just me that seems to be forever drilling out old RC4WD bolts then ::bitchin

Have you seen the new interior Killerbody have just released, has adjustable seats and steering wheel and all sort of fancy bits?

Al's LC70 1 week 17 hours ago #4

• Al murray
  • Mud for blood
@ Retrocosm The new Killerbody interiors etc, yeah I have indeed, a bit too fancy for me the way I treat my trucks though, it would be wrecked in no time.. They could do with doing something to improve those mirrors though, they look so flimsy..
looked at some of the CCHand stuff but its so damn expensive..

Ive ended up junking the Killerbody fitting kit, it wont last five minutes so looking to design and 3D print my own that will hopefully also work as a tilt system allowing the body to tilt forward on the front mount and use the body pins through the bed in the rear..

cant seem to get pics to show on here either.. only links so Im presuming its something to do with Flikr preventing cross posting

Al..

Al's LC70 5 days 10 hours ago #5

• Al murray
  • Mud for blood
progress.. well sorta really..

Designed my prototype for the front mount hinge system on the LC70.. went to print out and my heater bed packed in on the printer.. new bits on order now so delayed for a few days again.. curious to see how this is gonna work..

tall part mounts on the LC70 body mount holes under the bonnet and the smaller parts designed to replace the front cross brace on the TF2 chassis, complete with cutouts for the leaf shackles.. Ive not decided if Im gonna fit front bump stops yet, the rears work well..

- Ive had to redesign slightly from this, got a working prototype now, pics to follow
Last Edit: 1 day 8 hours ago by Al murray.
  • Page:
Moderators: outback, igbandy, rawalker666